Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Miracle Mac: You can be the answer to prayers.



It all started on what seemed to be an ordinary day. I was busy with a toddler at home while my husband was checking on some things at work. All of a sudden the phone rang, it was my husband. He reported to me that our clinic had been broken into and that all the electronics and money were gone. This was the first time anything of this kind had happened at his business and he was handling everything quite calmly, but the biggest regret and greatest loss to our family was the computer. My husband had just started getting all the family photos organized so that he could back them up and now they were all gone. To make matters worse there were irreplaceable photos of my Husbands first wife who had passed away from cancer. Those pictures to us were priceless and we were greatly saddened by the loss. I remember praying fervently after hearing all that happened and pleading with my Father in Heaven that if there was any chance for the computer and pictures be recovered we would appreciate it so much. I prayed even harder when my husband said we need to just adjust to the new reality and realize that we are never going to get those back. I do recall even saying this in a prayer, "I have tried so hard to be the answers to others prayers and serve, please Father please help someone be there for me. Please protect those pictures." I admit it was a little desperate but I was completely at His mercy, but I had seen miracles happened. I just hoped that perhaps this was the Lord's will and we would be able to see him working in our behalf to save those irreplaceable photos.

Life went on as usual and I would still harbor a secret prayer in my heart that by some miracle we would get those pictures back. One day as I was busy doing my chores around the house I had an impression that a miracle would be preformed for our family. To be perfectly honest I didn't make the connection at the time of what that actually meant. I had prayed everyday for different things that were needed. I did then wait and watch for whatever was coming. I even told my husband the impression and I began to see a little more hope return to the family that things would improve for us in general. I know he still never thought he would see those pictures again.

It was days later that I received a text message from an old roommate that told me to call her if I was still awake and that it was urgent. I called her and she started explaining that she had just purchased a computer from KSL and that it had our information on it. She couldn't even get the explanation out before I said "you bought our computer?" She then explained that at first she had not wanted to purchase the computer because she had a funny feeling that it was stolen, but she kept getting an impression that she needed to buy it. She went home and started cleaning it up for her own use when she saw my husband's business license on it. She then asked her roommate what was the name of the guy that Andrea married. Her roommate told her his name and she said, "I think this is his computer." She kept searching for more evidence and she found a rental contract on it with my name. She said that was when she sent me the text. I was so excited I was in shock and a little emotional. I said are the pictures on it? She said that she saw some pictures. By this time my husband was in complete shock, and so incredibly happy.

Arrangements were made to pick up the computer from her and to inform the police that the computer was found. We told her we would gladly reimburse her for the computer. The next day when my husband went to pick up the computer he found that the pictures had not been touched, they were all there. He thanked her and told her that we knew that this was a miracle. My sweet roommate then told him that he needed to hear the rest of the story. She said that 2 years earlier she was really wondering if her life was going in the direction that God wanted for her. She wondered if she was approved of by Him. She said she had gone with those questions to serve in the temple where she could ponder more and feel closer to God. As she was pondering she saw me. Without her prompting me or knowing why she was there,  I began to speak to her and tell her the things that she had needed to hear. I do remember the experience and confirming to her that I had felt the Spirit of the Lord very strongly with her and that I was touched by her goodness. When she left the temple that day she prayed that someday she would like to be an answer to my prayers since I had answered hers.

There were so much evidence that this was not a coincidence. One such evidence is that the computer was only online for 8 minutes when my roommate put in the call to get it. She said that she had been painting her house when she just got a feeling to go and buy her Mom a computer. Another evidence was the Police officer that was called on this particular case said that these things never happen. When he told my roommate that she would not get her money back she told him that we were going to reimburse her his response was that these things never happen. That is part of the reason that I wanted to tell this experience today. I feel like these miracles can happen and do happen daily and that we just need to open up and share them. If you feel like someone needs to hear this experience feel free to share it. I know that God hears and answers prayers and that we can play an important role for others in helping those miracles to happen. Keeping God's commandments matter. When we do we can feel his Spirit better and he can use us to help lessen the burdens of others.

I would also love to hear your miracles.

With Love,

Andrea

1 comment:

  1. I love this story, Andrea. It is a faith-promoting testimony-building miracle!

    ReplyDelete